Last night I played around with making this Kale Cracker recipe I read on Pinterest. I do not own a food dehydrator, but now I want one! These came out so crunchy, and I love the seasonings I used.
I followed the recipe as they said, but made a few substitutions.
- I used ground chia instead of ground flax – purely because of what I had on hand at home
- For seasonings, I did not have smoked paprika or chipotle – I used Sriracha and regular paprika
- Rather than processing my own almonds, I used almond meal
- I doubled the amount of kale in the recipe, and used baby kale
- Since I do not have a food dehydrator, I dehydrated these overnight in my oven’s lowest temp – 170 degrees